Read: Mark 11: 15 – 19, perhaps 2 or 3 times.
- What, if anything, stands out to you?
- What are the things that make you angry? Why not spend some time thinking about a time when you were angry, frustrated or annoyed recently. Spend some time reflecting on how Jesus might have reacted to that situation?
Illustration: ‘Modern interpretation of Christ driving the money changers from the temple’ by Anthony Freda/Daniel Zollinger (click on the title to see the image)
- What is your instant reaction to this picture? What emotions does it raise in you? Do you think it is fair as a modern interpretation?
Article: Following Jesus Means Being Political and Advocating for “The Least of These”
- Does this article resound with you?
- Does following Jesus mean being political to you?
- If you feel led to do so, pray into the situations you thought about above where you experienced anger.
- Pray for an issue of injustice, for example those who suffer because of race, religion or sexuality.
- For those you know who struggle with unresolved anger