Read: Matthew 22: 34-40, perhaps 2 or 3 times.
- What, if anything, stands out to you?
- How important are these commandments to you in your life? In what ways do you show the love of Christ in your daily life?
Painting: ‘God Hold Me’ by Charlie Mackesy
Available here but you need to scroll down to item 74
- Can you imagine yourself in this painting?
- Can you think of a time when you have experienced God holding you in this way? Perhaps you might need to experience this now in a situation you face?
Article: Holy Week in an Unholy World
- Does this article resound with you?
- As above, imagine God holding you in an embrace like the painting. Can you invite him into a particular situation you are facing?
- For situations in the world that need God’s embrace more than ever right now, for example for those grieving in Syria
- For someone you know who needs to feel God’s embrace afresh today
Visit: Pop into our Easter Encounter Space at TRINITY Southover, open all day today from 10am – 10pm. Explore the Easter story through the prayer stations.