Wednesday – Betrayal
Read: John 13: 18-30, perhaps 2 or 3 times.
- What, if anything, stands out to you?
- How do you feel about Judas? Was he purely evil? Was he deceived by the Devil? Do you think he had a choice about what he went to do?
Painting: ‘The Bound lamb (Agnus dei)’ by Francisco de Zubaran click on the title to see the picture
- The image of Jesus as the pure and innocent lamb is very powerful, especially as depicted here tied and bound and completely helpless. Does this help you to focus on the idea of Christ as a pure sacrifice? Or on the idea of betrayal? Have you ever betrayed Jesus?
- Lift up to the Lord any situations where you feel you have let him down, perhaps even betrayed him, seek his forgiveness.
- Pray for those who are helpless in our wider world, for example those starving in the current famine in East Africa. (Tearfund has some prayer points here)
- Pray for those close to you who feel helpless in a situation they face
Visit: Pop into our Easter Encounter Space at TRINITY Southover, open all day today from 10am – 10pm. Explore the Easter story through the prayer stations.
And/or Join us for worship and prayer 8-9pm at TRINITY Southover