Read: Mark 15:21-41 perhaps 2 or 3 times
- What, if anything, stands out to you?
- Imagine yourself in the text, at the foot of the cross, how does it make you feel?
Painting: ‘St John of the Cross’ by Salvador Dali Click on the title to see the painting
- This painting was inspired by a drawing, kept in the Convent of the Incarnation in Avila, Spain, which was done by Saint John of the Cross after he had seen a vision of Christ during a powerful spiritual experience. Dali talks of the unity of the world in Christ through his own interpretation. What does it speak of to you?
Song: Strange way by Martyn Joseph
- A cleverly written song on the Crucifixion, have a listen to the lyrics and see what stands out to you and think about why.
- We sometimes talk of nailing our burdens or our sin to the cross. What do you need to let go of and give to the Lord right now? Lift it to him in prayer.
- Pray for those who are persecuted for their Christian faith around the world.
- Pray for those you know struggling in their faith