Holy Week Reflections | Good Friday
Each day there are 3 things you can choose to reflect on.
- An artwork to look at and reflect on for a few minutes (follow the link)
- a one word prompt related to a scripture passage. You can use these words however you like to consider however you feel about this part of Holy Week.
- Questions to ask yourself
You might want to just look at the pictures, perhaps you will find the scripture passages help you to focus on the Holy Week narrative, or you might find the questions helpful to continue in reflection. It’s your choice and it might be different each day.
Good Friday Prompt: SACRIFICE
- Passage: Mark 15:21-41
- Image: Jesus on a Prison door – Charlie Mackesy (on the artists website, scroll down to almost the bottom)
- Spend a few minutes looking at today’s image – how does it make you feel? What emotions or thoughts does it raise in you?
- What does the word ‘sacrifice’ mean to you?
- What sacrifices have you made in your life? How have they impacted you?
- What does Jesus’ sacrifice mean to you?